Rockville Child Custody
The decisions you make that affect your child’s life are some of the most important that you’ll ever make. As a loving parent, when you are parting ways with their other parent, you will want to plan ahead to ensure their security. When you need a Rockville child custody lawyer, contact Shah & Kishore to aid you in navigating all of the uncertainties you may face.
Why You Should Choose Shah & Kishore
- We prefer to begin with an amicable approach to your custody case, but we are ready to be aggressive if that need arises. We are committed to helping you provide for your child’s best interests.
- Widely known as skilled negotiators and fierce litigators, we are ready to fight for our client’s goals.
- Our financial background gives us the edge when advocating for the best child support settlement possible.
What Matters are Addressed in a Child Custody Case?
Our firm understands that child custody cases do not happen when things are peaceful. They come when relationships become strained and challenging. There are several matters that a child custody case will typically address. They are as follows:
- Child support
- Child custody and visitation rights
- Modifications to child support
- Orders of protection
- Step-parent adoptions
- Grandparent’s rights
- Medical decisions
- Educational choices
- Extracurricular activities
- Transportation for visitation
- Parental or child relocation
Your child custody attorney will cover these matters and more in Rockville, Maryland. Our firm will negotiate and keep things as peaceful as possible, but if necessary, we will be ready to fight for our clients and their children’s interests.
Various Types of Child Custody in Rockville, Maryland
Maryland has far more types of child custody than most people assume. We often hear about joint and sole custody, but in actuality, there are several other options.
Families come in diverse forms, requiring more than two basic options for child custody. Below are some of the types that we see in Rockville, Maryland.
- Legal custody: This awards one of the parents with the decision-making authority.
- Joint legal custody: In the case of joint legal custody, both parents make all major decisions concerning their child together.
- Sole legal custody: When the child’s health and welfare are concerned, this type of agreement gives a parent authority pertaining to the child’s residence, education, medical care decisions, and extracurricular decisions.
- Physical custody: If a parent has physical custody of a child, it means that the care and feeding, provision of shelter, and basic needs are up to that parent to meet.
- Sole custody: This occurs when one parent is given sole legal and physical custody of the child.
Being prepared when entering a custody battle is crucial. The court will pay close attention to all the circumstances in the home and the child’s life. We have the skills to interpret what you offer and present it to the court on your behalf and, in turn, on behalf of your children.
Contact Our Rockville Child Custody Lawyer
Speak to our Rockville child custody lawyer about the type of custody best to pursue in your specific child custody case. Deciding what is in your child’s best interests is your primary goal. At Shah & Kishore, compassionately helping you achieve this goal is our main focus. We understand this is a challenging time, and we will work to lessen your burden. Call (301) 315-0001 for a free initial consultation to discuss your case.