Third Party Custody Arrangements

In some situations, children will not remain with either of their parents but will instead live with a third person, such as a grandparent, aunt, or cousin. A court typically awards third-party custody when:

  • The parents do not want custody (considered deliberate desertion/abandonment)
  • Child abuse/neglect is suspected or proven
  • Substance abuse is suspected or proven
  • Parents are unable to provide basic necessities such as food, shelter, and clothing

To learn more about how we can help you with your particular situation, please email or call us today at (301) 715-3838 to set up your FREE consultation.